Early Field Experience - Secondary Only
At Albright College, each secondary education student is required to complete EDU 214, "Early Field Experience" during the Interim of the junior year, and EDU 314, "Early Field Experience II," in January, during the Interim of the senior year.
"Early Field Experience" is an experiential course designed to acquaint the prospective teacher candidate with the reality of classroom teaching. Students are assigned to work with a teacher in a classroom in a local school for 150 hours of on-the-job training.
How to Apply:
In order to participate in Early Field I or II, students must:
- Complete an Early Field Application and submit it to Mr. Michael Hipple at email@example.com
- Have current background clearances . Students must have background clearances prior to entering any Pennsylvania Public School. This is a state regulation and there are no exceptions.
- Have a current membership to Student PSEA. This membership provides you with essential liability insurance while you are in schools completing field work. Proof of membership must be on file with the Education Department prior to your early field placement in January.
- Register for the Interim session of EDU 214 or EDU 314
- Attend a meeting in South Lounge on the first day of Interim
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Hipple, Director of Field Placement.